To Develop: Blog 365 Day 1 - Don't Look Back


To Develop: Blog 365 Day 1 - Don't Look Back. What You Need is Ahead of You
By Jiddoe S'Phatt


Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 1 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for the next 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------

Everything I’ve done up to this point in my life has prepared me for what’s to come. That’s experience. If you’re reading this please believe you have it too. Every second you’ve spent living means something. You have worth. Waking up allows for more opportunities.

I was 22 years old when the great C. J. Haynes created and launched The Groove Spot Online Hip-Hop Magazine TheGrooveSpot.com in 1998. He provided an outlet to showcase my writing beyond a Mead composition notebook I carried everywhere. In the course of 20 years I’ve experienced a tremendous amount of personal and professional achievement and failure. I’ve been both victorious and defeated. I’ve been praised and lamented. I have a past, present, and more importantly a future.

I received some terrific advice from gospel producer and executive Myron Williams. He told me not to pray for success, but to ask the Lord to grant me value and make me valuable.

What’s done is done and I thank God for all of it. I’ve learned. After 20 years as a writer, and even longer as a person, I have value.

What I have not done, and what I desire to do, what I need to do, I still can! That’s ahead of me! If you’re reading this please believe what you need is ahead of you too.