I Don't Know Bill Cosby. I Do Know Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable.




Hollywood icon Bill Cosby is the subject of some serious allegations.

When the rumblings about him possibly being a years-long serial rapist began, I purposely avoided televised and printed news stories. One day recently I finally gave in, reading a few articles on CNN.com. 

My opinion? I can’t be too surprised by the actions of any human. 

Most importantly, I don’t know Bill Cosby. 

When I was little I was introduced to his classic stand-up comedy special Bill Cosby: Himself. I laughed. I bought the DVD when I stumbled across it in a $5 bin at Walmart years later. It gives no indication of his character and intentions off camera.

I do know Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable - the character Cosby famously played on his hit sitcom “The Cosby Show.” And as well I should. I watched Dr. Huxtable’s life unfold every Thursday for 8 years of my life. I know he had an issue with weight, his cholesterol was high, and he wanted his children to move out and stay moved out. He was also a great parent and husband.

If someone told me Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable was possibly a years-long serial rapist? That would unpleasantly surprise me.

I write "good",

Mr. Joe Walker