Lisa Downie Supports Hip-Hop 4 Flint


Lisa Downie Supports Hip-Hop 4 Flint
By Mr. Joe Walker

Hip-hop artists, professionals and enthusiasts across America are uniting in various cities to help resolve the terrifying water crisis in Flint, MI. Hip-Hop 4 Flint is a national charitable event, and a number of high-profile patrons will converge on The Intersection in Grand Rapids, MI to show their support on March 19, 2016.

Mona Lisa Productions’ founder Lisa Downie will be among them.

I asked her why she’s chosen to show her support. This is what she had to say.

“How could I not be? I don't have millions of dollars sitting around but the situation is so desperate I felt compelled to do everything and anything I could do to help. Bringing people together through music has been my passion for years, so when this opportunity came my way I had to jump on board. I'd ask everyone, even if they aren't necessarily fans of hip-hop, to get behind this event and be a part of the amazing things that can happen when people unite to help others. It’s not enough to feel bad for the people of Flint. Situations like this demand action. More bottled water is just simply not going to cut it. We have to act.”