Day 110 – Yes, I Am Joe



Day 110 – Yes, I Am Joe
By Jiddoe S'Phatt


Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to Day 110 of “Blog 365”.
A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------
I was lucky enough to attend “To Ray with Love”, music legend Maceo Parker’s tribute concert to his Idol Ray Charles at Wharton Center in East Lansing, MI last night. Great show.

As I was strolling through the lobby once it ended I was startled by someone inquisitively shouting my name.

“Joe?!”

I responded by turning suddenly to see an excited lady I didn’t recognize and about 9 other strangers grouped together by a bench. She asked, “Aren’t you Joe the singer?”

No, ma’am, I’m not.

“You look just like him!”

Just like him, though? I don’t think so. My name is Joe, by the way. Only my last name is Walker. His is Thomas. I can still sing something for you if you’d like.

They all laughed, she and two ladies sitting on her immediate left and right looked embarrassed as they roared while falling against each other.

“Well, you look just like him! Has anyone ever told you that?”

Yes, but only about 105,000 times since I was in high school … 20 years ago.

I don’t think Joe Thomas and I look anything alike.
----------

Share your thoughts with me at info@mrjoewalker.com or on Twitter @mrjoewalker.

Visit MrJoeWalker.com for more great stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment