Day 114 – Five



Day 114 – Five
By Jiddoe S'Phatt


Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to Day 114 of “Blog 365”.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!
----------
I sat on my living room floor, my hands pressed into the carpet at my sides, watching Iron Man, Hulk, and Wonder Woman challenge a newly formed Voltron with no success.

As powerful as the 3 of them are individually, even their combined superhero efforts paled to against the might of The Legendary Defender. At least not while my son was controlling the giant robot.

It was his 5th birthday. Of his many requests, he wanted Voltron - a character and toy I loved and desired to own as a child too. He was clear on not wanting a Voltron that was already assembled. He wanted the full set of its 5 robot lions so he could himself assemble it.

The Black, Red, Green, Blue and Yellow lions today a bit cooler than their toy versions I got in the 80s. This Voltron talks. As the 4 smaller pieces are merged with the larger Black Lion, it audibly acknowledges their placement then calls for the remaining parts. Pretty cool.

My now 5-year-old was all smiles as all 5 lions formed Voltron in our living room. I was smiling too.

Iron Man, Hulk, and Wonder Woman soon had no reason to smile.
----------

Share your thoughts with me at info@mrjoewalker.com or on Twitter @mrjoewalker.

Visit MrJoeWalker.com for more great stories!



No comments:

Post a Comment