Day 112 - Joseph



Day 112 - Joseph
By Jiddoe S'Phatt



Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to Day 112 of “Blog 365”.
A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------
I used to be better about remembering birthdays. I stayed on top of dates and was prepared to send my blessing and best wishes ahead of time.

These days they slip by me, regrettably, unless I’m scheduling something. Looking at the calendar triggers a reminder. It happened today.

The birthday it prompted was my grandfather’s. Joseph. The man I was named after.

I lost him 5 years ago to cancer just a couple weeks after losing my grandmother, his wife, to a stroke. I think about them all the time. What’s funny is just 4 days ago I was sharing with neighbors the stories my grandfather shared with me about Pearl Harbor during his time in the Navy.

Yet 4 days later and, had I not looked at the calendar for something un-grandparent related, I would have likely missed acknowledging his birthday.

I remember him being busy and forgetful. He’d forgive me.
----------

Share your thoughts with me at info@mrjoewalker.com or on Twitter @mrjoewalker.

Visit MrJoeWalker.com for more great stories!


No comments:

Post a Comment