To Develop: Blog 365 Day 52 – Black Watch



To Develop: Blog 365 Day 52 – Black Watch
By Jiddoe S'Phatt


Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 52 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------

I’m blessed to wear an expensive Black Fossil watch on my Black skin. I always know what time it is.

If I’m not dressed up for a special occasion, which I love to do, you’ll often find me wearing a t-shirt. It’s usually something video game or cartoon related. Here and there I’m decked in MSU gear, one from a charity show or concert – Pop Evil, Hip-Hop for Flint, Project Cypher – or plain, nothing printed on it at all. At these times this chucky, shiny time piece of mine is visible.

Worn on my left arm, it stands out like a lighthouse. People of all ages and ethnic backgrounds sail over to compliment me on this accessory or to simply get a closer look.

I like when people choose to comment. It’s surprising how lengthy of a conversation you can have with people about watches. It shouldn’t be a surprise, though, because it’s such a universal item. Lots of people collect them. Their essentially functional bracelets.

Then there’s those who don’t say anything with their mouths. Their eyes and facial expressions say enough. It’s people of all ages and ethnic backgrounds who look at me like, “Where’d you get that?”

I always know what time it is.


----------

Share your thoughts with me at info@mrjoewalker.com or on Twitter @mrjoewalker.

Visit MrJoeWalker.com for more great stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment