To Develop: Blog 365 Day 37 – Similar to Many



To Develop: Blog 365 Day 37 – Similar to Many
By Jiddoe S'Phatt


Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 37 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------
Superman was unquestionably my childhood hero. As much as I so desperately wanted to be him, I was more like his bumbling alter ego Clark Kent.

I didn’t wear oversized glasses with plastic frames. My eyesight’s always been great.

I wouldn’t say I was clumsy. Actually, I was pretty surefooted and athletic. Could I fly? Figuratively, yes. I could jump high and far, and was a shockingly fast runner.

I was, however, a tad bit awkward dressed in Khaki pants and sweater vests with loafers on my feet. My mom and big sisters dressed me in nice outfits, but my 1st grade classmates sometimes laughed at what I wore as if I’d donned a clown costume. I never understood that.

My clothes were similar to many of my classmates who weren’t teased at all. I think being 1 of 5 Black children in the entire private school had a little to do with it.

Like Clark in the Superman movie, people would bump into me and not say excuse me or apologize. Most of the time they either didn’t see me or just crashed into me on purpose. What was really rude is how other children would purposely attempt to get me dirty. And my mother couldn’t afford for me to have a clean backup outfit underneath.
----------

Share your thoughts with me at info@mrjoewalker.com or on Twitter @mrjoewalker.

Visit MrJoeWalker.com for more great stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment