To Develop: Blog 365 Day 36 – Clark



To Develop: Blog 365 Day 36 – Clark
By Jiddoe S'Phatt



Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 36 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------
Sometimes I didn’t hear my mother. Sometimes I didn’t hear my grandmother. They could have been calling me at the same time and I wouldn’t have noticed.

When I was a child Superman got my undivided attention. If he was on television, in live action or cartoon form, I was oblivious to everything going on around me. That included my mother and grandmother asking me questions or commanding me not to sit so close to the TV because it would ruin my eyesight.

The Man of Steel was unquestionably my hero. I wanted nothing more than to have his ability to fly, to be super strong and fast, and to frolic through my everyday life wearing a cape. Oh, I also wanted his power to attract girls with the greatest of ease.

Superman could stop anything but kryptonite. My weakness was drawing unwanted attention. Regrettably, my female peers had no problem exploiting it while pelting me with insults. I was quiet pervious to pain.

As much as I so desperately wanted to be Superman, I was more like his awkward alter ego Clark Kent. At least that’s how imagined people viewed me. And there was no fancy spandex suit and cape hidden underneath my clothes to change their impression of me.

----------

Share your thoughts with me at info@mrjoewalker.com or on Twitter @mrjoewalker.

Visit MrJoeWalker.com for more great stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment