To Develop: Blog 365 Day 44 – Tears of Excruciating Joy


To Develop: Blog 365 Day 44 – Tears of Excruciating Joy
By Jiddoe S'Phatt

Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 44 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------
We can go back in time if we want to. All we need is something from our past to take us there.

My basement is full of potential time travel. A bunch of taped up memories are scattered about as far as the eye can see. It’s a semi-well-organized mess. Just at the bottom of the stairs rests a tall rectangular box overflowing with DVDs. At the very top are several seasons of FOX television sitcom Married… with Children.

For so long this has been my favorite TV show. I can’t explain how much I’ve laughed at the dysfunction of the fictional Bundy Family. My mom, on the other hand, didn’t find them amusing at all. Looking at the DVD covers transports me to sitting on the living room couch in my mother’s townhome.

I’d be laughing with tears of excruciating joy trickling down my face as my mother frowned from the chair next to me. She'd be rolling her eyes with displeasure, and at times would blurt out “That’s so stupid.” Surprisingly, she would sit through an entire episode. That made no sense to me then.

Looking back I realize my mom just wanted to spend time with me. She was even willing to sit through an entire episode of a sitcom she detested to do so.

Amazingly, I got all of that from just looking at a pile of DVDs.


----------

Share your thoughts with me at info@mrjoewalker.com or on Twitter @mrjoewalker.

Visit MrJoeWalker.com for more great stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment