To Develop: Blog 365 Day 40 – The Way



To Develop: Blog 365 Day 40 – The Way
By Jiddoe S'Phatt


Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 40 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------
I wasn’t like the other children in my neighborhood.

I wore sweater vests over button-up shirts with jeans and loafers. Those my age around the way wore sports jerseys, t-shirts and sneakers.

As much as I liked to watch basketball I didn’t particularly like to play it. I could hit a shot now and then but I wasn’t a good shooter by any means. If I happened to end up on a team I could get you a few steals and rebounds, make the right pass, I’d even get a block occasionally. To my peers around the way this was never good enough. I didn’t care. I preferred to participate in soccer.

My mother didn’t allow me to listen to dirty comedy or watch R-rated movies. For others this was okay, and if it wasn’t they’d sneak and do it. Not me. I played it straight. If I wasn’t watching any number of old school cartoons – The Flintstones, Jetsons, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Woody Woodpecker, and Mighty Mouse to name a few, I’d be writing in my notebook or reading Marvel comic books.

The children from my neighborhood called me goofy, weird, and a nerd. My favorite insult of theirs was “Black White boy” which insinuated I was a Black child who behaved like a White child.

I wasn’t like them at all.
----------

Share your thoughts with me at info@mrjoewalker.com or on Twitter @mrjoewalker.

Visit MrJoeWalker.com for more great stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment