To Develop: Blog 365 Day 38 – Dish Towels as Capes



To Develop: Blog 365 Day 38 – Dish Towels as Capes
By Jiddoe S'Phatt


Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 38 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.


Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------
You’d think pretending to be Superman around the house wouldn’t lead to getting a whooping. Especially since Supes is arguably the ultimate do-gooder.

When I was a really young child I spent a lot of time imagining myself as Superman flying though the sky. I wore a cape each time I did this. The problem was my cape was never an actual cape.

I would tie long-sleeved shirts around my neck. If I was wearing short sleeves I’d just pull my arms out and dangle the shirt over my back. That was my least favorite.

I spent a lot of time at my grandparents’ house growing up. When we’d sit down to eat my grandmother would drape a towel over my chest to prevent me from spilling food on clothes. She secured the towel behind my neck with a clothes pin. Often seconds after she’d do this I’d rotate the pin to the front so the towel dangled behind me, then run into the living room and “fly” on to the couch.

“Get back up to this table before I whoop your butt!” she’d shout, sometimes laughing afterward because I looked and behaved so ridiculously.

What would really tick her off, though? I consistently swiped her dish towels to use as my Superman cape. She’d be set to dry dishes only to notice it missing. Grandma always knew where to locate it. The towel was tucked into the back of my shirt as I flew around Metropolis.

A butt whooping wouldn’t hurt the real Superman.



----------

Share your thoughts with me at info@mrjoewalker.com or on Twitter @mrjoewalker.

Visit MrJoeWalker.com for more great stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment