To Develop: Blog 365 Day 41 – Out of My Pants



To Develop: Blog 365 Day 41 – Out of My Pants
By Jiddoe S'Phatt


Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 41 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Men@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------
Saturdays. My mother would make breakfast while my sisters and I watched cartoons.

We had our favorites – Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, Pole Position (mostly for the theme song), Thundarr the Barbarian, Turbo Teen (when I look back I realize it was ridiculous), and Dungeons & Dragons. We’d watch toons until noon then it was time for Soul Train.

Once we finished our weekly ride on the hippest trip in America we’d all start getting dressed. This could take a couple hours because we only had one bathroom. After everyone was clean and fully clothed to each their likings we’d pile into the car and head to Grand Rapids to shop.

Our first stop was usually Rogers Department Store.

We’d enter the store by the jewelry counters, walk past the perfume and then head upstairs to the boys department. It seemed I was always growing out of my pants. The funny thing about that is I didn’t grow up to be tall.  

Once we were in the boys department my big sisters took over. Influenced by pop culture and a few of the boys they went to school with, my attire had to be cute and layered. The way I was dressed would typically be described as preppy.

I wore sweater vests over button-up shirts with jeans and loafers.


----------

Share your thoughts with me at info@mrjoewalker.com or on Twitter @mrjoewalker.

Visit MrJoeWalker.com for more great stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment