To Develop: Blog 365 Day 42 – Tape



To Develop: Blog 365 Day 42 – Tape
By Jiddoe S'Phatt


Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 42 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------

Most nights I’m writing when I should be sleeping.

Usually I’m in the living room recliner with my Toshiba notebook on my lap. It’s been dropped and literally jumped on, so it’s more of a patchwork computer. I have to wiggle the power cord to keep it from shutting down, both the screen and its underbody are missing screws, and its right side is held together with Guerilla Tape.

I do have a newer, fancier touchscreen HP, but I prefer to use this mangled one.

Oh, the left Shift key is gone too.  Well, not entirely. I still have it, it’s just not attached to my computer anymore. Despite its many injuries I refuse to put this old dog down. For starters, it’s reliable. Secondly, we’ve told some amazing stories together.

Recently I’ve been flashing back to my childhood past. I’ve written about wanting to be Superman, being called “Black White Boy”, sitting in the back of the school bus that picked me up from my considerably urban neighborhood every morning, and being 1 of 5 Black children in an entire school.

Parts of that time period could have used some Guerilla Tape yet I came away undamaged. There were some breaks but I’m not broken. I have a few screws loose but I’m not crazy. I was dropped and literally jumped on. Those situations made me feel powerless. Through it all I never broke down.


----------

Share your thoughts with me at info@mrjoewalker.com or on Twitter @mrjoewalker.

Visit MrJoeWalker.com for more great stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment