To Develop: Blog 365 Day 43 – Wonderful Playground Toys



To Develop: Blog 365 Day 43 – Wonderful Playground Toys
By Jiddoe S'Phatt


Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 43 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------
This past summer I drove past the school I attended during kindergarten and 1st grade. I had the urge to just look at it for some strange reason. It was a Lutheran private school with lots of wonderful playground toys. I was curious to see if it was just as I remembered it.

It wasn’t.

The school was no longer operational. I have no idea how long it had been closed. A few of the windows were boarded up, the front door had a hole in it. The entire building was beaten down by the weather and time. I felt bad seeing it that way.

All those wonderful playground toys appeared to have long lost their wonder. Each piece had rusted quite a bit. Found in the heart of a pretty decent neighborhood, it’s a shame these were in no condition for the community to use them.

I used to play on the swings. Before I made a few friends I’d swing alone. I would attempt to swing with other students, even my classmates. When I’d walk over they’d get up and go play elsewhere.

So there I’d be in my sweater vest over a button up shirt with jeans and loafers, swinging alone. All this came back to me during this random visit to an abandoned, rundown school.

----------

Share your thoughts with me at info@mrjoewalker.com or on Twitter @mrjoewalker.

Visit MrJoeWalker.com for more great stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment