To Develop: Blog 365 Day 11 - Monster On the Cover Box


To Develop: Blog 365 Day 11 - Monster On the Cover Box
By Jiddoe S'Phatt

Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 11 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for the next 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------

The first snowfall of the year is always so pretty. I can’t recall exact days it’s happened or where I was. I enjoy them for the moment then move on. They don’t stay with me.

Besides, the winter turns terrible so quickly in my home state of Michigan, it’s hard to look back and see that first snowfall when you’re blocked by 2-feet of the stuff.

There are other firsts I cling to.

Here’s one: The first time I beat the Nintendo game Blaster Master I was home sick.

I was in the eighth grade and suffering from a severe case of video game fever. I’d been playing this game regularly for nearly 2 years and couldn’t upend the final boss. Sometimes I couldn’t get past a boss along the way. I hate the giant, bubble-blowing crab at the end of Area 5!

After defeating the monster on the cover box you’re immediately challenged by this alien dude wielding a nasty laser whip. I’d fought him only a few times before this. During each of those encounters I had very little health to survive one strike, maybe two. On this glorious day of hooky it was like the bosses couldn’t touch me. I played this game through perfectly but was sad no one was there to see me do it.

I never thought to organize a hooky audience.