To Develop: Blog 365 Day 28 – That Little Boy Again


To Develop: Blog 365 Day 28 – That Little Boy Again
By Jiddoe S'Phatt

Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 28 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for the next 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------

I have terrible, sometimes debilitating stage fright.

When I was a child my mother entered me into a modeling showcase. When I heard my name I took one trembled step into view and froze. People were smiling and clapping. Cameras were flashing. After an agonizing minute or so I turned and ran back to the dressing room area. I never came back out.

I’ve stood on plenty stages since then. Most were brief appearances. Before each of them I was that little boy again.

Ryan Evens aka hip-hop artist and philanthropist HighTyde asked me to repeatedly place myself in that situation for several hours as the co-host of his annual charity concert Project Cypher. Yet, the more I thought about the reason I’d be on stage, the more I was willing to endure the symptoms that come with my stage fright.

All proceeds from Project Cypher go to a family of a special needs child. The people it benefits deal with daily circumstance far worse than my momentary sour stomach and nervous sweat. Having people stare at me is not life-threatening. Garnering attention won’t require a run of medical expenses, trips to the pharmacy, or countless hours at the mercy of medical professionals who, despite their education and training, don’t have all the answers.

I have stage fright. It flares up right before I go on to co-host Project Cypher.

Why is this an issue?

It’s not. I’m willing to get over my fear and be strong for the benefit of others.
----------

Share your thoughts with me at info@mrjoewalker.com or on Twitter @mrjoewalker.

Visit MrJoeWalker.com for more great stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment