To Develop: Blog 365 Day 17 – Honestly


To Develop: Blog 365 Day 17 – Honestly
By Jiddoe SPhatt

Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 17 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for the next 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------

Since the arrival of such persons as Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, Hideo Itami, and AJ Styles to Word Wrestling Entertainment, WWE has done an improved job of acknowledging wrestlers’ accomplishments outside their company. They’ve made it important to mention these wrestlers have been world champions in other promotions.

Yet, they never mention Ron “R-Truth” Killings, a performer who has been with their promotion for several years, is 2-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion. R-Truth’s also the only African-American to hold the prestigious title, a fact WWE continues to neglect even during their Black History Month spotlights.

I have a ton of respect for Ron as a person and pro wrestler. I also support his work as a hip-hop recording artist. On top of his talents he’s just a really cool person.

I’ve interviewed him for a few feature articles during his time with TNA and WWE, also getting his insight for other stories I put together over the years. He’s been helpful and grateful each time.

Ron loves what he does, possessing a great mind for the art professional wrestling. Maybe if he, for a moment, was taken seriously by WWE writers, given a proper run at the WWE title, maybe then they’d acknowledge his other reigns at the top.

----------

Share your thoughts with me at info@mrjoewalker.com or on Twitter @mrjoewalker.

Visit MrJoeWalker.com for more great stories!