To Develop: Blog 365 Day 10 - Rimshot


To Develop: Blog 365 Day 10 - Rimshot
By Jiddoe S'Phatt

Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 10 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for the next 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------

The amount of snow that accumulates overnight in Michigan is impressive. It’s also disconcerting when there’s just a few inches of it when you go to bed, then you wake up in the morning to a foot of it.

What’s more disappointing is when there’s already a foot of it and just hours later you’re faced with a foot more!

I grew up near the shores of Lake Michigan. During the winter we were punished by lake effect snow.

What is lake effect snow?

It’s basically a wet heavy avalanche that falls from the sky. I can’t give you its scientific definition, but I’ve lived through enough of it to advise you to trust my description. Again, it's basically a wet heavy avalanche that falls from the sky.

The snow mounts at such alarming rate it sounds like a bad joke when weather reports and meteorologists reveal how much has fallen. I can remember sitting in front of the television with my mother or grandparents listening to the forecast. The weather person on the nightly news would say we’ve received 12 inches so far. Expect up to 12 inches more overnight.

No rimshot follows.

The first snowfall of the year is always so pretty. It gets ugly from then on.