To Develop: Blog 365 Day 7 - A Link to the Past


To Develop: Blog 365 Day 7 - A Link to the Past
By Jiddoe S'Phatt

Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 7 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for the next 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------

I own a replica of the Master Sword from the video game series The Legend of Zelda. It’s a pretty cool looking novelty. To keep it that way it rarely leaves its box. I store it in the back of my walk-in closet next to another box full of stuff I’ve refused to part with. Each item packed inside acts like a time machine.

One of those is a gold copy of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Seeing it reminds me of exiting the highway with my buddy Nelson riding shotgun as we approached Toys R Us. There was a long line of people outside the store who hadn’t pre-ordered the game like we did. We laughed because we knew we were by passing the congestion. We walked in, grabbed our copies and headed back home to play them.

The box also holds an unopened Hollywood Hulk Hogan nWo toy car. It takes me back to playing Top Gear Rally on Nintendo 64. The game allowed you to custom design your own vehicle. Being a fan of WCW Monday Nitro, I spent hours creating my own nWo car. The finished design was too sweet.

Another among its contents is a hardcover copy of Hogan’s book My Life Outside the Ring. I’ve had it since its 2009 release and only finished the first chapter before packing it away.

One of these days I’ll finishing reading it.