To Develop: Blog 365 Day 14 - Years from Now


To Develop: Blog 365 Day 14 - Years from Now
By Jiddoe S'Phatt

Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 14 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for the next 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------

If I listened and took to the heart the rants of all displeased wrestling fans on the internet, then I’d feel WrestleMania 33 was an unenjoyable failure. But I don’t. I’m going to remember it years from now.

First off, anyone who thought Bill Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE Universal Championship was going to be a lackluster match was just naysaying for the sake of naysaying. It was awesome.

Yes, these two giants clashed at WrestleMania XX 13 years ago, and it was not a great match by any means. They were both leaving the company following that match and didn’t care. It showed. But both their lives, personalities, careers, and motivations changed since then.

These two icons got a chance at a redo. They had an opportunity to give fans the match they’d dreamed about all along. And they delivered. Goldberg vs Brock was fast, hard-hitting, and just fun to watch.

The undercard was exciting too. AJ Styles and Shane McMahon tore it up to start the show. Before their clash people were too busy questioning why faced off in a Mania bout to begin with, pointing out all the reasons they shouldn’t be opponents. While doing so they neglected to consider what these two creative, risk-taking vets were capable of all along.

I’m going to remember their match years from now.