To Develop: Blog 365 Day 22 – Wipe the Grease


To Develop: Blog 365 Day 22 – Wipe the Grease
By Jiddoe S'Phatt


Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for the next 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------

While strolling past Bell’s Pizza in East Lansing I noticed their televisions were showing Los Angeles Lakers vs Oklahoma City Thunder. I decided to drop in, grab myself a slice to eat and watch some of this NBA match up.

I selected a piece of feta cheese and spinach which smelled divine and was incredibly greasy. After taking a seat at an empty round top I began to dig in to both the pizza and the game. OKC was up by almost 20 points until a string turnovers allowed the Lakers to bring the score within 12 for a moment.

Oklahoma’s small forward Paul George scored a 3-pointer before his point guard team mate Russell Westbrook, the league’s reigning Most Valuable Player, took over. By this point I’d eaten just over half my pizza slice. I needed a napkin to wipe the grease from my hands. As I was about stand to go get one, Westbrook broke free from his defender and dunked the ball, getting fouled in the process.

The camera zoomed in for a close-up on Westbrook’s twisted-with-aggression face just as he was spouting the F-word. He does that a lot. Westbrook plays basketball with such aggravated intensity it gives me the impression he hates having opposing defenders on his case.

I wonder how he reacts to getting pizza grease on his hands.



----------

Share your thoughts with me at info@mrjoewalker.com or on Twitter @mrjoewalker.

Visit MrJoeWalker.com for more great stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment