To Develop: Blog 365 Day 6 - Even Kissed


To Develop: Blog 365 Day 6 - Even Kissed
By Jiddoe S'Phatt

Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 6 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for the next 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------

There’s a box inside my closet full I stuff I’ve refused to part with. Each one of them dates me.

One of those items is a copy of video game The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for Nintendo 64. It was a big deal for my buddy Nelson and me to pre-order it from Toys R Us so we’d receive the limited edition cold cartridge. It harkened back to the gold Zelda’s from the original NES.

The night before it released we joined two of our brothers from TheGrooveSpot.com – Mark Smith and Joe Kelley (R.I.P.) – in Grand Rapids to attend WCW Monday Nitro. We had an awesome time! Before the show we ate wings at Hooters. While there Mark got hit on heavily by one of the Hooters girls.

Then while watching Nitro from our front row seats Mark got hit on heavily by Nitro Girl Fyre aka Teri Byrne, too! She even kissed him!

To end the show Bill Goldberg carried Big Show (The Giant) around the ring before finishing him with his Jackhammer slam, then to everyone’s delight scuffled with Kevin Nash and Bam Bam Bigelow (R.I.P.). We all left happy, especially Nelson and I, because we knew more fun was in store the next day.

All the stuff in that box dates me. But these are memories I’ve refused to part with.