To Develop: Blog 365 Day 13 - Enjoying the Energy


To Develop: Blog 365 Day 13 - Enjoying the Energy
By Jiddoe S'Phatt

Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 13 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for the next 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------

Twenty years ago I never thought I’d meet “The Magnificent” DJ Jazzy Jeff. Fast forward 2 decades and there’s a picture of he and I in the Articles section of my website!

Jeff headlined the official after party of “Irish on the Ionia” at The Intersection in Grand Rapids, MI last year March. It’s an event I’ll always remember. LiquidAE.com named it one of the 10 Best Events of 2017.

The concert was beyond great. Everyone on the bill – DJs Dreas, Dean Martian, Omega Supreme, and the magnificent one - gave the raucous audience exceedingly more bang for their bucks. I talked about it in greater detail in my LiquidAE.com recap of the event. I had such I good time enjoying the energy of the crowd, the music, and that moment in time.

Then I got to sit and talk with Jazzy Jeff which made the night extra special several times over. As I walked to the backstage lounge, an area my partner Doug and I frequented most of the night, it felt like how I imagine it feels to someone headed to the stage to claim their Grammy award.

For a moment I couldn’t hear anything around me. I only saw what was waiting ahead – a smiling familiar face that, as a kid, I never thought I’d see in person. But there he was. We had a great interview.