To Develop: Blog 365 Day 8 - Golden. Globes.


To Develop: Blog 365 Day 8 - Golden. Globes.
By Jiddoe S'Phatt

[WARNING: The following blog contains subject matter not suitable to all readers. Reader discretion is advised.]

Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 8 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for the next 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------

The timing was right for something special to happen at the 75th annual Golden Globe Awards. When Oprah Winfrey took the stage to accept her Cecil B. DeMille Award for outstanding contributions to entertainment, I thought to myself here it comes. Previously slouched on my leather couch, I sat up straight as though my most stern teacher had entered the classroom.

Given all the unjust decisions, misconduct, and mistreatment of women in Hollywood that’s been brought to light, Oprah was undoubtedly the right person for this moment. She’s been a champion to and for women for decades. Oprah’s also not shy about putting anyone, especially men, in their place.

Oprah gave an inspiring speech about equality and diversity. She proclaimed time was up for women to sit silently as men abused them and professionally marginalized them. It gave me chills and brought those on hand at The Beverly Hilton to their feet. This was a tough act to follow, yet what happened next was certainly something special. Dare I say it was golden?

Oscar-winning actress Natalie Portman and iconic film maker Ron Howard took the stage to present the Best Director award. With the crowd still riled up from Oprah’s speech, Portman surprisingly announced “And here are the all-male nominees.”

The audience was floored. Laughing, I slouched back into my couch and thought Natalie Portman has balls. She’s got balls the size of… What’s something big? Globes. She’s got balls the size of globes.