To Develop: Blog 365 Day 25 – Been on Madonna


To Develop: Blog 365 Day 25 – Been on Madonna
By Jiddoe S'Phatt

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for the next 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------

On nights when I’m up late writing, which is most nights, I’ll visit the local grocery store to get myself a treat. That’s usually cookies.

The best part of late night shopping is the store is never busy. Quieter shopping allows me to hear the music playing overhead. A bit of it is current songs, a few of the tunes are ones I’ve never heard before. The rest are old school favorites I can sing along to.

While there recently I caught ear of “Beautiful Stranger” by Madonna. I love that song!

It’s one of my 10 favorites by her, and I hadn’t heard it in a long time. I excitedly sang along as loud as I could. When it ended I started thinking about how hard the media has been on Madonna in recent years. Her Super Bowl halftime performance was ripped apart, she was ridiculed for her Billboard Awards tribute to Prince, and all people tend to say about her is how bad of a singer and performer she is.

I can remember when it felt like everyone on the planet was gushing over Madonna. She could do no wrong. And now she’s all bad? While she may not be as sharp as she used to be, she’s still one of the greatest performers of all time in my book.

----------

Share your thoughts with me at info@mrjoewalker.com or on Twitter @mrjoewalker.

Visit MrJoeWalker.com for more great stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment