To Develop: Blog 365 Day 20 – Big Brown Shark


To Develop: Blog 365 Day 20 – Big Brown Shark
By Jiddoe S'Phatt

Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 20 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for the next 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------

I wonder what high profile role Charlie Murphy would be cast in if he was still alive. As popular as he’d become, and as long as he’d been around, he was still basically a rising star. His comedic talents were still being discovered.

Would Charlie have a role in a major movie by now? A regular role on a larger network program? Imagine him as Chidi on The Good Place. Charlie playing opposite Kristen Bell would be gold.

Picture this: Charlie Murphy portraying X-Men character Bishop in a Deadpool sequel. Or this: He and Ryan Reynolds in a remake of Silver Streak.

I was shocked to learn he passed away. I think most outside his most personal circle were. Thanks to his turn on Chappelle’s Show he stepped out of his brother’s shadow in the eyes of casual fans. Those of us who loved him as the real Gusto in CB4, or man-of-few-words Jimmy in Harlem Nights, we could argue he cast a shadow of his own.

I thought Charlie was funny before ever seeing him on television or in movies; he, according to Eddie in Delirious, his brother pooped in the bath tub then used it as a “big brown shark” in an imaginary water war. I thought that was as hilarious as it was disgusting!

I remember on a number of occasions laughing at Charlie Murphy until it hurt. Those memories are fond ones.

Rest In Peace


----------

Share your thoughts with me at info@mrjoewalker.com or on Twitter @mrjoewalker.

Visit MrJoeWalker.com for more great stories!