To Develop: Blog 365 Day 16 – Aggressively Pursued


To Develop: Blog 365 Day 16 – Aggressively Pursued
By Jiddoe S'Phatt


Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 16 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for the next 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------

I’ve been a Star Wars fan as long as I can remember.

The feud between characters Obi Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul quickly became one of my favorite things about the ongoing saga. So it made me both excited and sad to see their feud end on the “Twin Suns” episode of Star Wars Rebels.

Thought slain by a young Kenobi in movie Star Wars: Episode 1, Maul’s shocking return during the dreary Clone Wars series on Cartoon Network began a compelling story arc. Maul was a live, and he’d gone mad lusting to seek revenge on Kenobi for cutting him in half. He aggressively pursued Kenobi across the galaxy in hopes of cutting him down after first demoralizing him in whatever way possible.

The two clashed on Rebels in an emotional finale to their years-spanning rivalry. I’ve read complaints from viewers who thought they should have fought longer, as their last battle ended quickly. So even said Maul’s return tarnished his legacy. That didn’t make any sense to me.

In my opinion the final scuffle between Kenobi and Maul was fitting especially when accounting for how the characters aged and evolved. No complaints from me. This was wonderful storytelling. I’m satisfied.

----------

Share your thoughts with me at info@mrjoewalker.com or on Twitter @mrjoewalker.

Visit MrJoeWalker.com for more great stories!