To Develop: Blog 365 Day 4 - Take a Stab At It


To Develop: Blog 365 Day 4 - Take a Stab At It
By Jiddoe S'Phatt

Warmest greetings! My name is Jiddoe S’Phatt. Welcome to day 4 of “To Develop: Blog 365”.

Inspiration to write comes from a number of places. For this blog I’ve been inspired by hip-hop artist Rick Chyme and producer David K. Manley of Man@Work Productions. Through a collaborative project titled #DailyPieces365 these two artists will release a new song every day for the next 365 consecutive days! Their impressive dedication has motivated me to write a new blog every day of 2018.

A little piece of me goes into each entry I write. I hope you enjoy this one!

----------

I have received some cool gifts in my time. One of my most prized is a replica of the Master Sword from video game series The Legend of Zelda.

The tales of sword-wielding hero Link, an often in-peril princess, and 3 conjoined triangles known as The Triforce have been occupying countless hours of my time since I was a grade schooler in the late 80s.

A pivotal commitment in the Zelda games is discovering the whereabouts of and retrieving the Master Sword. In real life I don’t have to find my way through enchanted forests or battle gargantuan monsters to get my hands on it. All I need to do is enter my mostly safe walk-in closet, push aside my winter coats, and grab its majestic blue hilt.

From time to time I pretend there’s a creature standing before me which is reason enough to grab the sword and take a stab at it.

Several years before connecting a Nintendo Entertainment System to my mother’s living room television I had to draw my own sword wielding heroes and troubled princesses. Not content with the pictures alone, every drawing needed words to tell their story.

All through elementary and middle school I saw this activity as simply having a fun hobby. Once in high school, though, I realized I’d been given an amazing gift. Looking ahead to what I could potentially accomplish as a writer, I decided once I graduated I’d take a stab at it.